The PSA – the Public Service Association/Te Pukenga Here Tikanga Mahi – is New Zealand's largest union, representing 58,000 workers in central and local government, health and community services. We are a progressive union, advocating for policies and approaches that improve the working lives of members and the public services they provide.
The two National Secretaries form the Secretariat for the PSA, reporting to and maintaining close working relationships with the Executive Board. The National Secretaries work closely together to provide strategic leadership to the union, building a bi-cultural working environment at the PSA. Together they are responsible for the political, industrial and operational management of the organisation, including managing the financial and human resources of the union; leading, motivating and inspiring ownership, commitment and enthusiasm for the union's vision and direction.
This is a key role that demands a unique blend of skills and experience. The successful candidate will have:
• a proven ability to provide strategic advice and leadership
• excellent political and industrial skills, including being able to advocate and negotiate effectively in a wide variety of contexts
• an ability to lead, manage and motivate staff
• strong financial management skills
• outstanding relationship management skills with an ability to build partnerships and collaborations with key stakeholders
• a sound understanding of the political environment in which the PSA operates and knowledge of the organisation and operation of government.
For further information, or to request an application pack, please contact Robyn Ward on 04 499 6130 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Applicants must be legally entitled to work in New Zealand.
Closing date for applications is Friday, 15 August 2014